Learn about the companies in residence and the residency program itself.
2016 Companies in Residence
NALPA is invested in the support of companies developing new work especially as involve the integration of genres and performance languages. Residencies allow for artists to completely immerse themselves in a place that both inspires and promotes creativity.
Individual artists (18 and older) and companies of up to 9 people are invited to apply.
Expenses to the artists include a nominal fee for housing, the cost breakfast and lunch (provided by the lab) and their travel to NALPA.
- 2 studio spaces one with a small proscenium style stage
- Workshop space for creating puppets, masks, and props
- Creative space for table work and composition
- Opportunity to share work with other artists to gather feedback
- A public showing of works-in-progress at our local civic theatre (within walking distance)
- Housed in the heart of the Emily Kimbrough Historic District
- 2 blocks from the Cardinal Greenway (60 miles of beautiful rail trail)
- Walking distance to downtown Muncie bars, restaurants and outdoor music venue
- One-hour twenty minutes from both Indianapolis International Airport and Dayton International Airports
The main space at the Mansion is on the third floor and housed in the same location as the workshop for Theater-Masks.com. The large studio is 51’ x 17’ 867 sq ft.
The small studio area is 330 sq ft on the second floor situated between some of the rooms. It is an excellent space for a breakout group to work.
Artists in residence are asked to:
- Present informal work-in-progress to the Muncie Community
- Help maintain spaces (leaving spaces in the same condition as they were in upon arrival)
- Participate in a Roundtable discussion on the development of the work as concerns performance language and basic principles
- Agreement to include NALPA in the marketing of the company or artists work, website, and program credits of final production
Apply here for the 2016 residency programs.